ASHRAE 90.1-2013 constructions in EPConstruction Library?

Hi there,

I’m trying to assign EP Constructions to a test model that uses the envelope requirements stipulated in ASHRAE 90.1-2013, but noticed that these were not available in the Honeybee_Call from EP Construction Library component.

I found a 2-year-old thread where it was supposedly suggested that this would have been updated for a newer release of Honeybee. Did it ever actually get updated and am I missing something here?

Thanks

Hi @priscilla.ly.chan,

We didn’t get a chance to add them but you can use OpenStudio to create them. Here is the workflow.

Create an empty OpenStudio file. Apply the template for ASHRAE 90.1-2013 and export the file as an idf.

Take all the materials, constructions and schedules and copy them to userCustomEPLibrary.idf and they will be loaded to Honeybee.

2 Likes

Hi @mostapha,

Sorry but I’m a bit of a noob at OpenStudio. How do I apply the template for ASHRAE 90.1-2013 in there? I don’t see an option to apply a template anywhere.

Thanks

@priscilla.ly.chan ,
I think @mostapha is referring to this OpenStudio measure that you need to apply in order to set an OpenStudio model as a code baseline building:
https://bcl.nrel.gov/node/83661

This said, it’s probably in all of our interest if one of us just goes through this process for all ASHRAE 90.1 2013 constructions and adds them to the OpenStudioMaterTemplate.idf file that contains all of the default constructions in the library. This way, we’ll have all of the constructions there by default and we don’t need to go through this individually each time we want to create a 90.1 2013 baseline building.

I’ll try to take care of this when I get the chance.

Chris, did the OpenStudio master IDF get updated with the 90.1-2013 constructions? if not, can I put in a request to have 90.1-2013 AND 90.1-2016 values added to this IDF file?