Butterfly Different Fluids

Is butterfly only for air or can other fluids be applied?

Also, I am interested in particulate counts of mixed fluids, like air and water vapor, is that possible as well?

Ken

The current release 0.004 only supports air.

We have talked about multi-phase cases but it is not implemented and is not on the time-line.

OK… thanks I am currently using Openfoam via Symscape’s Caedium program and am looking forward to using Butterfly for my applications.

Thanks for all of your contributions.

Ken

Let us know how it goes. Butterfly is comparatively pretty new and we’re still figuring out what is the most important features to add first. The good news is that you can add the any missing dictionaries to your solution through Butterfly interface, the bad news is you have to develop a new solution if it’s not currently available or you can just do it directly from the command line. Again as I said we’re still figuring it out and it’s initially put together for buildings but now we’re getting some users from aerospace and naval industry! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Mostapha,

I appreciate your input. I am going to try it out as soon as I can develop my model.

Ken

Mostapha,

On another issue, I am working on a very special building that is constructed of a large glass dome and within the dome are 4 levels of open office. Only the ground floor level foot print reaches out to the exterior. The upper levels are like an interior balcony. Because of this each floor level (volume) has free flowing air between them. I would like to break this up by floor but I will need to make part of the floor an “air floor”. Can that be done with Honeybee?

Ken

Is this still about CFD or is it an energy modeling question? If it’s CFD then you don’t need to have an air floor. Just leave it empty!

If it’s an energy simulation question please start a new separate topic. Horizontal openings are challenging but there are ways to create the effect by using the set airflow component.