Energyplus Error

Hello everyone
I’m running a daylight and energy simulation integrated together with dynamic louvers. When I want to run, the energyplus shows lots of errors.

I think that my problem relates to Window Shade because I have connected it to the zones, so the HB Zones in energyplus Run simulation includes the louvers too and I don’t need to connect it again to the HB Context part. Is it right?
By the way this is my algorithm if it helps.
Best
IRN_Tabriz.407060_ITMY.epw (1.6 MB)
960906-class2-south.3dm (9.3 MB)
960503-tabriz-class2 final for optimization-south (2).gh (1.0 MB)

@leilapasandi ,
I haven’t checked your file yet beut here are 3 notes:

1. the panel in your image cuts out before it gets to the error. If you post what the error is, that will be far more helpful.
  2. You are correct that the shades are likely included in the HBZones and there’s no need to connect them as context.
  3. I would recommend using the OpenStudio component over the E+ component. The OpenStudio component has the exact same features of the E+ component but has some additional features that the E+ component does not possess (like HVAC systems).

Hi @chris
Thank you for your reply… I changed the EP component with Openstudio and it works fine. I have another question about connecting louvers component to daylight simulation. To define Rad material for daylight simulation, I’ve connected shadebreps in Window Shade to HB Srfs and defined a transparent material. So should I connect HB Srfs to Run Daylight Simulation component? If yes, the Window Shade component is included in zones and the zones are connected to Run Daylight Simulation component so the louvers are twice connected! And if no, How can I define Rad material for the louvers?

Best

@leilapasandi ,
Your first idea is the correct one. You plug the shadeBreps into another HBSurface component in order to account for them in a daylight simulation. The blinds that get assigned to the HBObject by the shade generator are only relevant for the energy simulation.

-Chris

Thanks for your help @chris
I’ve done everything you advised but in the end openstudio gets this error:

I suppose it might be related to the annual profiles as I’ve connected both of them to Energyplus zone Schedules. Because I wanted to have a domain for Daylight Autonomy and I saw in grasshopper forum that we can do it as I’ve created it and subtract 300 lux data from 500 lux to have a domain between 300-500 lux.

But for annual profiles I don’t know how to connect them to lighting schedules! And another important question about integrated Daylight and Energy Simulation:What is the difference between integrating them through Honeybee_Set Energyplus Zone Schedules and have them separated from each other?

@leilapasandi ,
Connecting two annual profiles is definitely going to give you odd results. I would suggest that you pick one depending on whether you want the lights to start dimming to meet a 300 lux threshold or a 500 lux threshold.

Hi @chris
Thank you for your replies. I’ve done whatever you’ve advised but it is going to be something else as I get the error yet:

Could you please take a look at my algorithm here and tell me what’s wrong with it? I really appreciate it
Best
960503-tabriz-class2 final for optimization-south (2).gh (990.9 KB)
IRN_Tabriz.407060_ITMY.epw (1.6 MB)
960906-class2-south.3dm (9.3 MB)

@leilapasandi ,
It’s going to take me over an hour to run your file. I don’t think I’ll get the time to run such a big file any time soon. As the forum guidelines state, can you upload just the portion that is necessary to recreate the error? Perhaps with a Daysim CSV schedule attached?
-Chris