Honeybee[+] 0.0.3 for Grasshopper and Dynamo Release

Very interesting, thank you for the release of Honeybee[+]!!

Is it possible to get an explanation of the installation procedure?

I have few questions:

• do I need to copy the userObjects in the relative GH folder? Together with the other Honaybee and Ladybug .ghuser files.

• or running the installer from the .gh file is enough?

• do we need to do something specific with the python files in the honeybee and ladybug folders? Or are they the installation files that are automatically installed through the installer?

• why there is also a ladybug folder?

• since it is possible to keep installed both Honeybee and Honeybee[+] and the latter use Radiance 5.1.0 we need/can keep also both the version of radiance installed? I think not because the folder name should be C:\Radiance in any case. This means that also Honeybee works with Radiance 5.1.0?

Best,

Francesco

Brilliant work as always! I’ll dive into the code right away while patiently waiting for the documentations for other developers to contribute :slight_smile:

Btw, there’s a bug with the automatic installer but I’ll copy them manually for now since I’m way too excited to not start at once.

Runtime error (Win32Exception): WindowsError
Traceback:
line 247, in rmtree, “c:\Program Files\Rhinoceros 5 (64-bit)\Plug-ins\IronPython\Lib\shutil.py
line 223, in onerror, “c:\Program Files\Rhinoceros 5 (64-bit)\Plug-ins\IronPython\Lib\shutil.py
line 249, in rmtree, “c:\Program Files\Rhinoceros 5 (64-bit)\Plug-ins\IronPython\Lib\shutil.py
line 244, in rmtree, “c:\Program Files\Rhinoceros 5 (64-bit)\Plug-ins\IronPython\Lib\shutil.py
line 244, in rmtree, “c:\Program Files\Rhinoceros 5 (64-bit)\Plug-ins\IronPython\Lib\shutil.py
line 62, in installHoneybeePlus, “<string>”
line 87, in script

Thanks Mostapha!!

So many good news in so short period of time. Great!!!

-A.

Dear Francesco,

For your last point, I think you can run both Honeybee and Honeybee[+] with the latest updated Radiance 5.1.0 version. Honeybee[+] just provides us with a grasshopper interface to leverage the advanced utilities of the latest Radiance version, whereas normal Honeybee legacy version is an interface for the more standard workflow for traditional features of Radiance/Daysim.

Thank you so much guys! Incredible work and hats off to the entire development team!!!

Honeybee[+] has its own tab, so no problem with that.

My question now is regarding the Radiance version.

V5.1 default is to be installed in ProgramFiles (instead of C:). Is this ok or it has to be in C?

-A.

Hi Pin! Thanks. Seems the issue happens during removing the files. I can add an exception there in case other people also face this issue.

Wow! Thank you Mostapha for the great news.

Wow! And it was not long ago that the last version was released. Impressive pace!

Thanks for alla the team for the great job.

After installing the new Honeybee[+] unfortunly i got a new plugin LadybugPlus but not HoneybeePlus, is it normal ?

And i got this:

Copying honeybee source code from C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Roaming\Grasshopper\ladybug to C:\Users.MyName\AppData\Roaming\McNeel\Rhinoceros\5.0\scripts\ladybug

Copying honeybee source code from C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Roaming\Grasshopper\honeybee to C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Roaming\McNeel\Rhinoceros\5.0\scripts\honeybee

Copying honeybee userobjects to C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Roaming\Grasshopper\UserObjects.
Runtime error (Exception): C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Roaming\Grasshopper\userObjects\Honeybee EP context Surfaces.ghuser and C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Roaming\Grasshopper\UserObjects\Honeybee EP context Surfaces.ghuser are the same file
Traceback:
line 82, in installHoneybeePlus, “<string>”
line 87, in script
line 68, in copyfile, “c:\Program Files\Rhinoceros 5 (64-bit)\Plug-ins\IronPython\Lib\shutil.py

Merci beaucoup.

Aziz, Seems the libraries are copied correctly and you can copy the userobjects manually. Can you tell me from where are you running the scripts? Hopefully not from ths userObjects folder?

Hi Mostapha,

Is there any option in H+, as the “Lookup Daylight folder” from Honeybee legacy ? - to read back the results later ?, or if the simulation will be run e.g. at a Unix cluster and then copied back and visualize them via GH ? and will be there any option to use Trans material ?

Thanks,

Peter

Mostapha,

Here is where im unziping all the file and runing it

C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Roaming\Grasshopper

Aziz,

Copy the core[+] python files here C:\Users~\AppData\Roaming\McNeel\Rhinoceros\5.0\scripts

Then copy the contents of userObjects here:

C:\Users~\AppData\Roaming\Grasshopper\UserObjects

Mostapha and Spencer,

It’s works.

So gratfull.

Thanks and Merci beaucoup.

On the cross-platform aspect, to add to Mostapha’s release notes, the core library has been tested on the following platforms:

Linux Ubuntu: Version 14.04 | 16.04 | 17.04

Linux RHEL: 6.8

Unix FreeBSD: 10.0

Linux (Cloud VM): Microsoft Azure H16mr running Ubuntu 17.04

Linux (Cloud VM): Amazon AWS EC2 t2 running Ubuntu 14.04

The core dependencies for running Honeybee on the cloud are Python 2.7, Radiance, git and honeybee . Since Apple computers typically run Unix-like OSs, we don’t foresee any portability issues with them.

Hi Peter,

In multi-phase analysis if reuse*Mtx is set to True the component will only load the results without running the analysis.

In case you want to create your own component, use Human or other plugins to get the list of the results files and then use this part of the code. Replace self.resultFiles with filepaths. You can create the analsysGrids from point files using AnalysisGrid.fromFile class method.

If you open an issue I will make sure to add it for the next release.

Hi Mostapha,

Thank you for your clear answer, and the hint for the component, I will let you know if anything. I tried the reuse Mtx in windows and it works.

Thank you,

Peter

Thank you for the reply.

Francesco

6 posts were split to a new topic: BSDF and TensorTree