Radiance's oconv.exe crashed

Hi All,

I was trying to run a gridbased daylighting simulation. but for some reason that oconv.exe always crashes.
The geometry is just a box model, and basic materials.
couldn’t figure out what happened to the oconv.exe.
I attached the study folder and a screenshot of this error.

Can anyone help me double check with it? @MingboPeng

Thanks in advance.
Haojie Ma

gridBasedSimulation.zip (2.8 KB)

@mostapha

I also helped him checked everything. reinstalled Radiance 5.1.
Couldn’t figure it out.

Did you check the version after installation? and what happens when you run the same files on your machine?

Radiance version? Check it inside Honeybee?
It is working on my two computers, and even my working pc. I am thinking if he has a Chinese computer account.

Which version of windows is he using and can you translate what the error says? I am also wondering if oconv starts at all. You can try something like this to check if it is working.

2017-12-06 23_45_25-Command Prompt

I had a try.But it’s not OK.

The application cannot start normally. Please click OK to close the application

I had solved the problem。 Thank you sincerely. In fact, some DirectX files have been lost. We can download a DirectX Repair to solve the problem. If you have this problem, you can try this plug-in.

Good luck! Best wishes to you !!

2 Likes

This problem might happen to some other Chinese users, as they often to use some computer cleaner tools, which would disable some functions that most of user don’t need.

Please download DirectX tool from: https://download.microsoft.com/download/1/7/1/1718CCC4-6315-4D8E-9543-8E28A4E18C4C/dxwebsetup.exe

"很多中国用户会有同样的问题,请使用DirectX 修复工具来解决这个问题。"
目前已经发现类似的问题发生在:
oconv.exe
evalglare.exe

Thanks @mostapha @sarith for your helps.
Mingbo

2 Likes