Accelerad + Honeybee

Hi,
I’m doing the first try with Accelerad instead of Radiance and I got weird daylight factor results.
Almost all of the tested points have a value = 0% (except a few who got normal results). I think I don’t put the appropriate radparameters. Do you think that can be related to that ?

Thank you

File attached:
test_error.gh (3.6 MB)

Hi @julia.serriere, Are you using Honeybee or Honeybee[+]?

Honeybee[+] had a rounding issue for daylight factor which has already been addressed on GitHub. In this case I suggest to update Honeybee[+] and try again.

If you are using the legacy plugins and you have this issue you should see discussions on Accelerad mailing list. I will invite Nathaniel to this discussion but I assume he prefers your question to be posted on their mailing list so other people can see also see the solution.

Hi Mostapha,
Thank you for your reply. Im using honeybee.
I’ve found the appropriate radparameters thanks to this mailing list and that works well now.
Nevertheless, when I have too many testpoints (more than 2000), my computer crashes. Otherwise the analysis lasts 30sec to 1min.
Do you have any idea why ?
To be able to calculate all my zones in a row I use “ladybug_fly” and then “Hb lookup daylighting folder” so it’s fine.

1. Are you using Honeybee[+] or Honeybee?
  2. Does it also crash if you run it with normal Radiance?

PS: Please set your profile picture!

Hi,
I’m using honeybee. No it doesn’t with normal radiance.

Hi Julia, In that case this is something that you should ask on Accelerad mailing list.
cc: @Nathaniel

Hi @julia.serriere ,

would you care to share your experiences with it when and if you get it up and running in a decent workflow?

Would love to dig into HB + accelerad

/Mathias

Hi @julia.serriere,

Can you post the Radiance command you’re trying to run along with any output and errors you see over on the Accelerad user group? You may need to run your command outside of Honeybee to see this, as I’m not sure the current version will let you see Accelerad output.