Any example file for annual lighting energy calculation considering blinds operation in case of glare, and the shading effect of surrounding buildings?

I need to calculate cooling, heating and lighting energy for a large number of design alternatives for a building with multiple zones and facade orientations.

My focus is not on lighting or blinds technologies but I need to estimate lighting energy demand numbers which are pretty much realistic.

I read some relevant Q&As in the forum and also found this cool example file: Integrated Daylight and Energy Simulation.

People usually close the blinds/curtains to avoid glare or during hours when there is too much light in the space. Thus, in reality, the lighting energy demand would be higher than what’s estimated using the aforementioned file.

I would be grateful to you if you could share an example file for annual lighting energy calculation considering blinds operation in case of glare, and the shading effect of surrounding buildings.

Thank you

2 Likes

It would be great if there was a model to predict human behaviour regarding glare and solar protection. Christoph Reinhart developed lightswitch-2002 but I am not sure how useful it is. Metrics I have used to model glare control are

1. DGPs
  2. Horizontal illuminance at desc level
  3. Vertical illuminance
  4. Vertical external irradiance
  5. Direct solar radiation
    Unfortunately these metrics does not correspond very well.