BaseBoard's consumption vs Boiler's consumption

Hi @MingboPeng,

I am currently working on a project using radiators to heat the space. I am using radiant convective baseboards in Ironbug for simulation, which works perfectly!

However, I get two different results, one from the Baseboard and the other from the Boiler. My question is what is the difference between both consumptions? and if I want to identify the final energy consumption, should I add both results, or the Boilers consumptions takes in account everything?

Below there is an attachement and thanks in advance!

BASEBOARD_Consumption-s.gh (589.2 KB)

Hi @Mohamed_Amer, if all your baseboards are connected to the boiler, then you can just check the boiler’s energy consumption for final results.

In the hot water plant loop, boiler is the hot water supplier and baseboards are hot water consumers. Boiler provides the amount of hot water that baseboards need, so without considering the efficiency, energy consumptions from both side are the same.
(note, efficiencies are considered in simulation, so if you want to know the on-site energy consumption for all baseboards, you need to check it from boiler side)

That explains it very well !
Thanks you @MingboPeng !