Page is seeking a Building Performance Analyst/Designer to assist in analysis and simulation of architectural projects in early design through design development. We want this position to not just focus on analyzing buildings but also on helping design teams to develop design solutions. This position will begin in Houston but has the opportunity to transfer to other offices after 1-2 years.
Work would entail guidance to develop design workflows, planning tools and metrics to evaluate the environmental performance of buildings through advanced knowledge of current environmental analysis and parametric simulation tools beginning with:
- Autodesk / Insight, Dynamo, FenestraPro
- Rhino/Grasshopper / Ladybug, Honeybee, Butterfly, DIVA
This individual will work closely with design (both architecture and engineering) teams to integrate high performance approaches in the design and planning of buildings and cities. Their aim will be to help to use metrics and analysis to help push the teams to establish ambitious and comprehensive goals and come up with design solutions for better environmental performance.
- Set up, run, and interpret the following analysis and simulation: Solar Radiation, Daylighting, Shadow Studies, Wind Studies, Wall Assembly Analysis, Climate & Comfort Analysis, Early Schematic “Simple Box” Energy Modelling
- Provide performance based design feedback to inform the design and development of Page projects.
- Prepare graphics for design teams related to environmental performance.
- Develop tools and workflows for firm wide deployment. Train staff on use of basic analysis and simulation tools.
- Work as part of the sustainability team and as a link to design and engineering teams.
Other Potential responsibilities depending on capabilities of candidate:
- General design
- LEED & green building certification support
- Post-occupancy evaluations
- Project metric collection
- Professional degree from an accredited university, with preference for architecture background required.
- 1-3 years of experience Architecture and/or Engineering.
- Working knowledge of REVIT BIM required.
- Working knowledge of Ladybug/Honeybee platforms required. Experience with Insight and FenestraPro would be a preferred.
- Strong graphic design and communication skills.
- Collaborative attitude and ability to work creatively with designers.
- Technical understanding of building system and ability to interface with both design and engineering.
- Ability to manage various projects simultaneously.
- Knowledge of resilient design, material health, and social sustainability issues a plus
Page is a leader in Architecture, Engineering, Interiors and Consulting services
With roots extending back to a two-person partnership formed in 1898 in Austin, Texas, Page Southerland Page, Inc. is today one of the most prolific and enduring architectural and engineering practices. A full-service design organization with offices in Houston, Austin, Dallas, Denver, San Francisco and Washington DC, Page provides architecture, interiors, consulting and engineering services throughout the United States and around the world. The firm’s diverse, international portfolio includes projects in the healthcare, academic, government and science and technology sectors, as well as civic, corporate and urban housing projects. With a staff of over 450 architects, engineers, designers, strategic analysts, planners and technical specialists, Page has the resources and professional affiliations to responsibly handle projects of all scales and schedules.