Calculating solar peak loads lb1.3

Hi all,

I have been trying to calculate solar peak loads using lb 1.3.0 but cannot find updated documentation. I can run an annual radiation study but can t seem to get hourly results in w/m2 instead of kwh/m2. My objective is to understand solar peak loads on the facade.

Any help is much appreciated!

Hi @friches ,

Are you using the Annual Irradiance recipe? You see that one has a peak_irr output that might be what you are looking for. You can also load the results of that recipe using the Annual Average Values component and plug in a single hoy to get the W/m2 values for a single hour of the simulation. Lastly, if you just want to parse in the whole matrix of irradiance values for each sensor at every hour of the simulation, you can use the Annual Results To Data component and deconstruct the resulting data collections with the Deconstruct Data component. Depending on the number of sensors, that can be a lot of data, though, and it can make Grasshopper a bit slow.

Thank you very much @chris !

Had a go at it yesterday and got it working. Is there any online resource that you can point me to for some documentation on Irradiance?
Will try parse for single hours tomorrow and let you know how i go.