Cannot generate building from solid

Hi all,
I have been using Ladybug Tools for a while to perform energy and daylight simulations. Regarding energy simulations, I always have to simulate multiple buildings so I always create my thermal models starting from solids. In the legacy version I used to employ the “SplitBuildingMass2Floors” component. Lately, with the stable version, I moved to Dragonfly to create the buildings’ models, then I convert them into Honeybee models. I attach a picture of my workflow.

Here, an example of the kind of shape that is causing problems:

As you can see I have “0” and “8” shaped buildings. For the “0” shaped building I am not having any issue to create my model, while for the “8” shaped one you clearly see that the upper part is not properly closed, the floors there are open and the red edges are going somewhere in the middle of the geometry.
I don’t know if this is a limitation or just a bug, I usually create my own components in Python by using the amazing libraries you created, so at first I thought this was a problem with my script, but then I tried to do it with the components and I got the same issue.
Furthermore, regarding the “0” shaped building, if I create the EnergyPlus model and I run it, I get “Vertex Size Mismatch error”, I modeled similar geometries in the past with the legacy version using EnergyPlus 9.0.0 and I didn’t get this error. Now, that with the stable version I am using version 9.3.0 I am facing this issue. However, I guess that this last thing is unrelated to Ladybug Tools.
Here, the two files:
CannotCreateGeometry.3dm (115.0 KB) CannotCreateGeometry.gh (24.9 KB)

@fbattini ,

Thank you very much for reporting this bug. It was deep in the geometry core libraries and I just sent a fix:

Give our systems a few hours to run through the integration tests and produce a new release. Then you’ll be able to get it on your end with the “LB Versioner” component.

1 Like

Thank you @chris ! Now it works properly both with the LBT components and my Python coded custom components. Extremely fast fix, amazing.
Thank you again.

A post was split to a new topic: Geometry manipulation in a custom dragonfly-to-honeybee script