Diverging solution

Hey guys,

I am having trouble getting my solution to converge. I have played with the size of refinement region, tunnel params, grid sizes for probe points and the refinement level for BF geometry with no luck. Could someone shed some light on what I’m doing wrong here? I’m new to BF so might be something obvious.

Cheers.outdoor_horiz.gh (456.6 KB)

Is the information above enough to determine the cause, should I provide any other information?

9 out of 10 times it’s meshing. I believe there are number of similar discussions on the forum. @TheodorosGalanos can you direct @HossZamani to the right discussion?

Hi @HossZamani

You had snap off which isn’t ideal for this kind of geometry. Actually, i would just keep snap true always.

I changed the refinement logic in your file, took out refinement Region and reduced mesh size in the area of interest (1m instead of 3m). This should give you a good enough mesh with nice gradient and no big jumps.

P.S.: Also added a cluster showing the logic (I use) for choosing wind tunnel parameters. It will do it for you for any geometry input, but it’s nice to see how it’s done inside (basically get a characteristic length and multiply it by smth).

Kind regards,
Theodore.

outdoor_horiz_TG.gh (462.5 KB)