Energy balance chart legend label not showing correctly

Thank you so much @wim for your response. I understand. Sorry I skipped that step. I have done that now and here is my file. Now my energy simulation works and the open studio issue is solved. But I still have the legend issue. And I also checked tolerance and unit in my rhino, I am in meter and my tolerance was 0.001 so I think that is fine. But I have no idea why my legend does not show up right.

For the component issue I will post in another topic. thanks.

Lab_Building_Energy_Simulation_CWM.gh (778.5 KB)

Thanks,

I understand @devang. Thanks for the response. I put my grasshopper file with internalizing the geometry.

@devang Thanks for the response again. I tried in another rhino file and still the same issue. But I got this error now when I opened my grasshopper. Does that mean that my grasshopper version is not compatible with honeybee/ ladybug I have? Maybe I have to reinstall the grasshopper I have. I will try that now.

Thanks,
Mitra

No harm in trying that. I am using rthino 6 with grasshopper version 1.0.0007.
The error you are showing is coming from Ironbug component which I don’t believe you are using in your grasshopper definition.

@devang Oh I see. I am using rhino 5. Does this have to do with my rhino version? Is that possible? Maybe it is not compatible with the new components. I do not know I mean that should not be the issue but I am just trying to understand what can be done.

I just tried with Rhino 5 + gh version 0.9.0076. It worked just fine.

@devang That is exactly what I have. So weird.

Can you please share your result file that is located at the path mentioned in this output? It’s a .CSV file

@devang sure. Thanks. .

in.csv (18.2 KB)

Thanks for the file. Can you please share the whole folder at C:\ladybug\unnamed\OpenStudio\unnamed ?

Sure @devang
Here is what it is in that folder:

I sent you a zip file containing all the files located in modelToldf. Please let me know if this is what you wanted.
ModelToIdf.7z (167.3 KB)

Thanks.

It works fine at my end.
Can you try a new grasshopper file and generate energy balance for a sample geometry?

@devang I am trying that now. I will let you know if anything changed.

Hi @devang again, I started a new file and started putting components and connecting them but I get this error which I know has happened before and I read the solutions but it did not work for me and the weird thing is that the other file works fine and finds the schedule but the new one does not find the schedule:

Any ideas?

Please recompute your definition a couple of times and it should work.

@devang I started file from scratch. Made it much simpler, still the same issue:

Lab_Building_Energy_Simulation_MS.gh (718.9 KB)

@devang @chris @mostapha I have a question that will help me to see if I can move forward with my studies. I would appreciate your response. Is the legend always the same? I mean the attribution to colors are always the same? For example, mechanical ventilation is always the same color for each comparison study? That way I can take Chris’s legend that had posted before and use that for all my studies because everything else works, and I need to prepare this for a conference so I do not have time to trouble shoot anymore. Thank you for your response in advance.

It changes based on the variables you request from a simulation.
Once you have a chart, create your own legend by picking colors using eyedropper tool. I believe you can very easily do this in InDesign or other adobe tools.

@devang thanks for the response. If I put request the same variables from simulation output, it is going to be the same, right?

Yes actually the creating legend is the easy part; my concern is mainly about knowing which color is showing which load.