Error: unsupported operand type(s) for +: 'str' and 'int'

Hi Everyone,

I am a beginner with Grasshopper/Honeybee/Ladybug and received a script from my teacher. He has an other version of Honeybee and Ladybug so I updated the file, but I can’t run the file. It gives me the error:

1. Solution exception:unsupported operand type(s) for +: ‘str’ and ‘int’

Could someone help me to fix this problem?

KimProblem

Hi @KimBodde,

Your components dont look like updated. You can update your compenents using update_file component on canvas.
After the updating, let us know the problem is still there or not.

Best,
-Oğuzhan

Hi Oğuzhan,

Thank you for you quick response. I tried to update the file, but it doesn’t seems to work. But at the same time, it may be very well be that I am doing something wrong. My experience with the software is very limited, but I really want this to work.

My file

I hope that the link works.

At the end, my goal is to use Honeybee/Ladybug for energy modelling and daylight simulation. I want to use the 3-phase method for the daylight part, but first need to get familiair with the software. Do you have any tips?

Hi @KimBodde,

Firstly you welcome to forum, if you are new about these compenents you should follow Hydra examples on the Ladybug Website. You can find detailed examples about energy modeling and daylighting.

Your file is working my canvas. You can try delete your component files and install again from Food4Rhino. Then try the update components. Let me know about situation.

Best,
-Oğuzhan