Extract zone CO2 concentration

Hello!

I’m trying to extract zone CO2 concentrations in energyPlus by adding additional outputs to the Idf file… EP seems to run fine but I can’t see how to extract it from the results file. Has anybody else tried similar and got any tips?

Unfortunately I’m a new user so can’t upload files but have added a download link here.

Cheers

1 Like

Are you modelling natural ventilation (opening windows) in which case I have an example of setting the number of people indoors (producing CO2) and Setting the outdoor Ppm for CO2.

This may be enough?

M

I’ve found the solution. It was working fine, just needed to use the ‘honeybee read ep custom result’ component.

Hey, could you share a screenshot of your solution? I would like to use it in my model as well :innocent:

Hey Tessa

Does this help?

Cheers
Lewis.

1 Like

Yes, thank you very much!

1 Like

Unfortunately, I have not yet been able to get it to work for me. Could you possibly share your file with me so I can compare it to my file? Thank you so much in advance!

Let me know how you go with the attached :slight_smile:

CO2_Extract.gh (86.6 KB)

1 Like

Yes, Thank you very very much. This will help me finish my model for my graduation. Turns out I was not using the correct additional strings.

That would be very helpful, @MichaelDonn
I did my own script like @l.hewton just setting the ppm to zero in [ZoneAirContaminantBalance] to account people co2 only

Hello everyone, @l.hewton @chris

I was working with previous version of ladybug and honeybee and I was using an IDF for measuring CO2 concentration in the zone. Due to I need to come up with multizonal ventilation, I switched to employ the Ladybug tool to do the same simulations, but the IDF file does not work. Could anyone help me in this case? Infact I would like to know it is because of EnergyPlus version or the Openstudio’s additional string section?

Thank you in advance,

final.gh (762.5 KB)

Hi everyone,

I am working on version 1.5 of honeybee and ladybug and want to calculate the daily/monthly CO2 concentration in a honeybee room. Is there a way to do this in this newer version?

Thanks in advance.