Failed to generate parametric results!

Hi All,
I am trying to run a simple parametric simulation, but the results seem not to be updated automatically as it should be. It used to work very fine, but suddenly it didn’t.

After the first run, it says result file does not exist, and I find only three files in the EnergyPlus simulation folder. When I go to the IDF file to run a simulation, it tells me that the IDF file is an older version (however, before it never showed this problem).

Only when I run the simulation it gives me the files results. Afterwards I need to reconnect the “ResultFileAddress” to show the consumption.

Why does this happen? & thanks in advance for the advice!

Hi @Mohamed_Amer, This is not an answer to your question but my suggestion is to use the OpenStudio component instead.

Thank you @mostapha for your response.
I have used OpenStudio component instead, but still gives me the same error “Result File does not exisit”. As shown in the picture, it only generates 3 files (osm, ddy, and a folder).

P.S. a couple of months ago it used to work very fine with EP. Is the problem related to recent updates?

It’s not easy guess without checking the file. Can you share the file?

Sure! Here it is attached.
Thank you in advance!

Trial.gh (577.9 KB)

Hi @mostapha,
I was wondering if you got any updates regarding this problem.

Hi @mostapha,
I wanted to inform you that the problem has been solved. I made several trials installing / uninstalling each of EnergyPlus and OpenStudio, and trying different versions of Honeybee, and I found the following (it could be useful for later inquiries):

• The problem was due to OpenStudio version. It worked with version 2.4.0 (instead of 2.6.0)

• When having OpenStudio 2.4.0, it works with each of (Honeybee_Run Energy Simulation & Honeybee_Export to OpenStudio) versions date on MAR_2018 for . However, it didn’t work with (Honeybee_Export to OpenStudio) version date OCT_2018.

That was it. Thank you for your consideration, and for all the effort done behind these wonderful tools!!