Hardware suggestion for Ladybug Radiation analysis

I am running a radiation analysis for different geometrical configurations.
It also involves multiple geo locations and the gencummulativeSkymatrix component is struggling with reading the epw files.( Each skymatrix takes almost 30 secs to generate)

I run rhino on a workstation with intel xeon processor and Nvidea GTX1050 4gb card. Now is there any way to reduce the time taken by the genmatrix component to read the epw files? How do i make the GPU do the computation instead of cpu?

If i choose to jack up the configuration what would be a good option? High end CPU? Any suggestions would be of great help.

Thanks.

Please check this

Thanks devang for the reply.
i ve tried Accelerad already.
Accelerad doesn’t work for all the ladybug components. How do i make ‘gencumulativeskymatrix’ component work faster.Is it cpu dependant ? Any benchmark results for that?

It takes what it takes the first time the calculation is done for the specific EPW. After that it takes the stored results and use them. Much quicker.
So calculate the genCumulativeSky for all weather files you need beforehand.
-A.

I ve already calculated results for all the epw and using the stored data. Still the time taken by the component is more than 30 secs when im switching between the epws back and forth.

I really need to get this time down as it is eating almost 95% time of the entire process.

Thanks.

It takes around 20 secs in my machine.
This is the time it takes to read the stored results.
I suggest, then, to have many precalculated gencumulativeskymatrix components. One for each EPW, then you can choose the one you want to use and/or use them in a list that can be automatized.
-A.

Thanks alot Abraham !
This made the process almost real time !

You did not mention what kind of hard drive you were using. You will likely see a marginal improvement in read/write time if you a SSD as your main hard-disk.

Thankyou sir. Will upgrade to SSD

And one last suggestion, @Sriharipramod :

If you only need to run one or two solar radiation simulations per weather file, you are better off using the Honeybee Cumulative Sky Component as you see in this example:
http://hydrashare.github.io/hydra/viewer?owner=mostaphaRoudsari&fork=hydra_1&id=Surface_by_surface_geometry_preparation_for_daylight_simulation_I&slide=0&scale=3.0314331330207986&offset=-995.2347804648316,-52.075901171125565

This will generate a cumulative sky for just a single period of the year (rather than building a matrix of values for the entire year like the Ladybug GenCumSyMtx component). So It will be much faster as long as you are not trying to play around with different analysis periods or HOYs for a given weather file.