Having trouble properly setting the heating/cooling set point schedules

Hello, I’m trying to enter custom set point schedules so that my building is only conditioned during occupied hours. After combing through these forums I tried multiple methods, but I’m still getting results that show heating loads when the building is unoccupied.

I only want to condition the building from 8 am to 8 pm Monday-Friday. I’ve been focusing on the heating set points to troubleshoot my issue.

The main two methods I have tried:

As a final option, under method #1 I created a heating set point schedule with all hours at 0 to see if I could at least get the heating turned off all the time, but nope! I still got some hours with heating, although the zone temperature was always well above 0.

I feel like I’m missing something very basic here! Is there another method to set an HVAC on/off schedule? I’m not getting any errors, so it’s hard for me to know where exactly I’m making a mistake. I’ve attached my GH file with some notes.

Thank you!!

170701_HVACSchedError.gh (1.01 MB)

Just wanted to update that the problem appears to be fixed! Although I’m not entirely sure what the original issue was. I rebuilt my model step-by-step, testing outputs along the way. When I connected the heating and cooling set point schedules this time, they were applied properly and the results show no conditioning outside of occupied hours. I used identical schedules & set points. The only difference between the original and updated model is that I simplified the geometry for fewer zones. I’m not sure why that would have affected assigning schedules. Nevertheless, I’m happy that it is working!

Hi, Priya
after such a long time, I seem to get the same problem as you had. I want to see how you set your work flow but it says your file is private and I can’t download it. Could you please give me your file for me to check?
Thanks!
-W

1 Like