HB interior thermal mass

Hi all,

I was wondering if the thermal mass of the intermediate slabs (those that are not part of the thermal envelope) are considered by Energy plus in terms of thermal mass.

Regards,

Alejandro

Yes but … E+ takes what you defined and only that. I mean, in this case, if you defined the internal floors with a Construction that has thermal mass or with a light construction, the simulation results should reflect this.

-A.

Good, thanks! I have another question about the adiabatic surfaces, the way I undestand it since there is no heat transfer though them their interior temperature should be the same as the interior air temperature, right? I am asking this because I set some surfaces in my building as adiabatic and when I assessed the internal temperature during a winter week some of the adiabatic surfaces turned out to be among the coldest surfaces in the building, which does not make much sense to me.

And also, what is the difference between a “adiabatic adjacency” and a “surface adjacency”

There will be no heat transfer from adiabatic surfaces. More here: http://bigladdersoftware.com/epx/docs/8-2/input-output-reference/pa…