HB Visualize Sky and AdjustHDR (add extra strings of code)

Hi Everyone and as always thank you for your work with ladybug.tools world!

I have noticed that if I want to compare two hdr images that come from sky models the component “HB Visualize Sky (1.4.0)” doesn’t allow me to differentiate the name of the generated hdr image; as consequence, if I want to compare two images Image viewer (and before also the AdjustHDR component) will show me always the same image because overwritten due to the same filename.

I added a couple of simple strings (maybe these are not so elegant :roll_eyes: but they works :slightly_smiling_face:)

then I did the same with AdjustHDR component just to be sure that the final files (often I use the GIF format) have a different filename. If you modify HB visualize sky you can avoid this last amendment.

Finally the comparison at the same time of the two images:

Anyway, I hope this post could be just a simple tip (useful?) for someone.

Best wishes,

Thanks, @Ambrosinus . This brings up a good point. Maybe we should just have the “HB Visualize Sky” component derive the HDR filename from the sky specification. This would avoid the cases of one file overwriting another unless the two skies are truly identical. I’ll try to make this change when I can and post back here once it’s implemented.

1 Like

FYI, I just merged a fix that will prevent the skies from overwriting eachother:

Thanks again for bringing this up!

Thanks to you @chris for your passion and work! :slight_smile:

1 Like