Heating/Cooling details issue. Red component

Hi, I’m learning Honeybee intensively so this is my third post today… But! I have a problem while setting HVAC system. When I throw heating or cooling component to canvas, simply that, the component appears red. The balloon says “1. Solution exception:init() takes at most 6 arguments (7 given)”. I haven’t found anything similar on forum so… does anyone know what might be a problem?

You need to update the components. Their latest version is april 06 2018.

The component is up to date. :frowning:

Do you have the same versions. If yes, it should work.

I really have no idea. But I copied the definition to a new file and it seems to work now. In older one though it looked like that.

But again, somehow I got it to work so I guess there’s no reason to dig deeper. I wouldn’t be suprised if the file got corrupted during one of the crashes. Most important thing - now it works. :slight_smile: Thank you very much for your help @devang and quick response!

@Avik ,
It seems like you had a mismatch between your version of Honeybee_Honeybee in your file and the version of the HVAC components you were using. You should use the ladybug component that looks like a ladybug without spots to make sure that all components on you canvas are up to date.

1 Like

YES! That was it! It completely solved the issue in the previous file! I really appreciate the help. Thank you so much! :smiley: