BR+A seeks a Building Scientist in our Boston, MA office to support projects on technical deliverables. The ideal candidate would have 2+ years’ experience in the industry. In this position you will work as part of our expert Energy and Sustainability Group, performing energy, building envelope, thermal comfort and daylighting analysis for unique and challenging projects. Your work will be utilized directly by the design teams to help guide building and system optimization.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a field related to building science, engineering or architecture
- 2+ years’ experience related to building energy analysis, building envelope analysis or energy modeling
- Daylighting analysis skills and knowledge of building envelope performance characteristics
- Experience with energy modeling using ASHRAE 90.1
- Experience with thermal comfort analysis using ASHRAE 55
- Software Experience: eQuest, EnergyPlus, Grasshopper, Rhino, Radiance, Microsoft Excel
- EIT, PE, CEM and/or LEED AP credentials
- Highly organized, attention to detail, strong communication skills
- Experience with natural ventilation analysis is a plus
- Experience with CFD modeling is a plus
Jacob Knowles, Director of Sustainable Design
BR+A offers a first-class environment, excellent compensation and complete benefits package including 401K. BR+A is an equal opportunity employer.