How I could solve this error: checkSubSurfAzTiltNorm

Hi guys …

I am running a simulation, in which I have encountered the following error:

“1. The simulation has not run correctly because of this severe error:
** Severe ** checkSubSurfAzTiltNorm: Outward facing angle of subsurface differs more than 90.0 degrees from base surface.”

The simulation file is attached. any help please?

lesson 7.gh (601.5 KB)

I would try rebuilding that def. You do not have that many components. Now that you have corrected the installation issue you can try rebuilding your file to see if that fixes the issue.

1 Like

This error means that the normal direction of the child surface (e.g. a window) is 90 degrees different from the parent surface (e.g. wall). Find the wrong surface and flip it.

I should say Honeybee does checks to fix cases like this before writing the model but for some reason the fix hasn’t worked for your model.

3 Likes

Thx @FabianPosadas for your reply …
I did rebuild it … but got the same output!

Hi @mostapha

Thx for your reply.
How can did the flip … is there a component in grasshopper that did?

You do not need to use Chris’ pre-defined geometry if your are learning. The geometry in your brep components can be replaced. Create a few blocks that would represent the zones in your model and plug them in. Your model will work.

1 Like

Thx @FabianPosadas for your reply …
As I am Electrical Engineer, I still have not enough experience in geometry construction in Rhino. I can build some boxes, but I need a building like geometry to reach to the point in which I will construct my PV cells on and start the simulation of interest …

If you want to succeed with these tools you will need to learn how to build geometry in rhino. There is no way around it. You can find many tutorials on youtube as well as some paid tutorials onlynda and thinkparametric

1 Like

Thx for your advice @FabianPosadas
seems that you are very right … and I think I will start now from this side …