How to specify a name for a glazing surface?

May I ask how to specify a name for a glazing surface?

It seems we can name HB surface and HB zone … but not for HB glazing surface

Hi Grasshope,

The names for glazing surfaces are assigned automatically right now. Can you tell me why do you need to change the name for glazing surface? There are ways to give the users access to assign the name.

Mostapha

Hi Mostapha, thanks for your reply!

I assume the name of glazing is useful when we want to compare the results for specific glazing surfaces, or understand the “behavior” of a particular glazing such as heat transfer before and after we change its materials or constructions.

Can you kindly advise the ways to access and assign glazing name?

Moreover, may I ask if there is a way to filter zones or surfaces by their names. For example, I have several zones named in this convention: zone_[floor][roomType][orientation] (e.g. zone_floor01_Bedroom_east). So, how to choose those all the bedrooms facing west from floor 02-05 by their names to visualize results for these zones or to edit their zone properties?

I hope my explanation is clear…

Thanks!

Hi Grasshope,

We don’t have the option right now but I added it as an issue so we can implement it soon (https://github.com/mostaphaRoudsari/Honeybee/issues/363).

Mostapha

Added!

Thank you very much, Mostapha, for implementing this function!

Dear Mostapha,

I got the error of Solution exception:‘tuple’ object has no attribute 'isPossibleChild’ when using the new addHBGlaz component.

The same workflow works using the previous version of the component when I add multiple glazing surfaces to a thermal zone.

May I have your advice for this problem?

Thank you!

energy_breakdown_v007_noSH_noPV.gh (838 KB)

This was a bug. Should be fixed now (https://github.com/mostaphaRoudsari/Honeybee/commit/c2fdd2fc7c6f181…). Thanks for reporting.

Thank you very much, Mostapha!

The addHBGlz component works fine now, but I got a new error message when connect the output zones with glazing to the window shade generator:

1. Solution exception: zone_A has been moved, scaled or rotated.
If you need to move or rotate a Honeybee object you should use Honeybee move, rotate or mirror components. You can find them under 12|WIP tab.

energy_breakdown_v009.gh (819 KB)

That’s is fixed now too (https://github.com/mostaphaRoudsari/Honeybee/commit/0247795af8aae5b…). This is because of the new check that I added to make sure user hasn’t moved thermal zones using Grasshopper components. I initially wanted to save users some time by calculating less strict bounding boxes but there has been already two reports having this issue so I just changed it to be more accurate. Thanks again.

Thank you very much, Mostapha!

Hello Mostapha,

I am having this same isu, everything is updated and restarted but the error keeps appearing:

1. Solution exception: zone_A has been moved, scaled or rotated.
If you need to move or rotate a Honeybee object you should use Honeybee move, rotate or mirror components. You can find them under 12|WIP tab.

Thanks!