How to visualize each building data such as cooling and heating load?

In my district cooling or heating project,there are some client who want to know data of each building.Such as cooling load should be 24-hour or the whole year.I am using Honeybee for multi-building energy simulation.After the calculation finished,I am facing with a problem for data visualizing.As we knew,Honeybee can visualize the data for each thermal zone.So is there any method to visualize the data of each building level?

1 Like

Honeybee doesn’t have an understanding for each building however you can group the results for the zones that belong to the same building.

A good approach can be naming the zones based on the buildings which will make grouping much easier for post processing.

1 Like

@minggangyin ,
In addition to @mostapha 's suggestion, if you are running a model with a fully-detailed HVAC, you can assign a different HVAC to each building by passing a data tree of the zones through the “Assign HVAC System” component (with each branch of the data tree as a different building). This way, you will get the results reported for each individual HVAC (like electric energy for the chiller in building 1, building 2, building 3, etc.). Or, for your distrtic system, you can request a custom output for the cooling/heating energy delivered by the chilled/hot water for each plant loop.
As @mostapha says, you will have to do the visualization and post-processing with native GH components but, if you have organized your data well, this should be quick to set up.
-Chris

1 Like

@chris @mostapha Thanks for your suggestion.I will try it.