Illuminance level with shading

Hi,
I want to analyze the illuminance for my model which has shading. I created the shading with Shade Generator, but in the “Run Daylight Analysis” component, there aren’t any place for connecting shading in. I wanted to ask how I can connect shading in the calculation process?
Also, I wanted to ask is there anyway to have just one legend for the whole analysis? Now I have one legend for each floor, and I move all of the into the Rhino origin. but it is not a good approach. I wanted to ask is there any approach that I can merge them together?
I attach my file in here.

For send Illuminance.gh (631.5 KB)
Thanks.
Best Regards,
Helia

1 Like

Hi,@htaheri

For daylight analyss using Radiance. therer is no shading compotent. You can connect shading to opaque surface .

For combine the multi grid results to one legend, you need two coompotent : mesh join and flatten the result.

Hi,
Thanks so much for the reply.
“For daylight analyss using Radiance. therer is no shading compotent. You can connect shading to opaque surface .”
I tried it but it didn’t take into account the shadings. Did I do it right?

“For combine the multi grid results to one legend, you need two coompotent : mesh join and flatten the result.”
Thanks so much. you solved my legend problem.

Best Regards,
Helia

Hi,@htaheri
You should upload your file for further discussion.

Hi,
Oh, I forgot to upload it. Thanks for reminding me.
For send Illuminance.gh (558.5 KB)

@htaheri Your question is simple to solve. In your file,you set depth is zero. This setting will not generate the shading.

Yes, I set it to zero to test it for without shading. when I have zero (no shading) and I run it for illuminance level, the results do not have any difference with the results when I have shadings.

@htaheri Here is the result and the debugged file.

For send Illuminance debug.gh (565.1 KB)

Thanks so much. Appreciate it.
A question separate from the Grasshopper, what is your system, it seems super fast. Mine takes time for each analysis. And also, how you made this gif? In other word, how you make your analysis automatic? I am new with grasshopper, and this graphics seems interesting for me for the presentation.
Thanks.
Helia