Insolation/Radiation Analysis Ladybug gone wrong

Hi guys, so i wanted to do an insolation analysis for my panel project but this error happened:

1. Solution exception: No Radiance installation was found on this machine.
    Download and install the version of Radiance listed in the Ladybug Tools compatibility matrix
    1.4 Compatibility Matrix · ladybug-tools/lbt-grasshopper Wiki · GitHub

I tried to download the Radiance file but the error keeps happening! I truly don´t know what to do!
I tried to download at this page Release Radiance 5.4a (2021-03-28) · LBNL-ETA/Radiance · GitHub and i downloaded all the Windows and Source Code files from the screenshoot below but nothing works…

Make sure that you’ve installed Radiance in the default location and you restart Rhino/Grasshopper after you install it.

Hello Chris, I had the same problem in one of my Laptops. I’ve installed the newest version of openStudio (3.3.0), and proceeded to install the Radiance automatically.
But the same message showed up to me: “Solution exception: No Radiance installation was found on this machine. Download and install the version of Radiance listed in the Ladybug Tools compatibility matrix 1.4 Compatibility Matrix · ladybug-tools/lbt-grasshopper Wiki · GitHub”.

I then downloaded this version: “Release Radiance 5.4a (2021-03-28) · LBNL-ETA/Radiance · GitHub
And installed in the folder of OpenStudio, but keeps in the same error.

There is your problem. Don’t install Radiance inside OpenStudio. Install Radiance in its default location.

Generally speaking, the version of Radiance that ships with OpenStudio is not compatible with Ladybug Tools and so we always ignore it.

1 Like