Ironbug Beta Release (outdated)

Hi Mkdg,
There should be a separate ironbug tab so clearly something is missing. have you gone through the “unblock” step in the installation of ironbug 0.0.16 when you unzipped the folder?
Also, after opening grasshopper, do you see a message in rhino saiying something along the lines of “Ironbug 0.15.0.0 is loaded with OpenStudio library 3.0.1.0 from C:\openstudio-3.0.1\CSharp\openstudio.”

Hello @Volkan!
Yes I did unblock the zip file and then I extracted the file and run the Installer.gh on grasshopper.
I do not get the message "Ironbug 0.15.0.0 is loaded with OpenStudio library 3.0.1.0 from C:\openstudio-3.0.1\CSharp\openstudio.” I actually do not get any message, just this extra tab “Mingbo_dev” when I reopen grasshoper.

I use openstudio 3.0.1 and HB v 1.1.0.

Ok - i wont be able to help much then, but it looks like the installer hasnt quite worked.

As a last resort, when i needed to reinstall/test multiple times, I found that deleting the grasshopper library file for ironbug in C:\Users\“USER NAME”\AppData\Roaming\Grasshopper\Libraries, and the entire C:\ironbug folder manually before doing a fresh start of the installation helped. Might be worth trying that. Running the installer.gh file while it is in the C:\Ironbug and not before might help too.

And with that, i hit my limit of what i can suggest before the masters step in.

1 Like

Sucess! I had to clean everything and reinstall again. And this time is worked. Thank you for your help :slight_smile:

1 Like

@MingboPeng could you please clarify can Ironbug work with new LBT? Or only with legacy plugins? @chris mentioned on workshop with Core Studio that it is possible to do detailed hvac systems in LBT with IronBug. But there is no such input in new “export to OS” component as it was in old plugins. Or is there other way to apply it?
Thank you.

Hi @Oleksii

Have you checked this post: Using Ironbug with the new HB-Energy plugin

Oh… I’m sorry for my inadvertence, I didn’t notice that. But actually I suspected a similar workflow. But there is another problem. After restarting simulation with new OSM file all surfaces disappeared from the zones.

@Oleksii
Have you tried to rerun the osm without adding HVAC to see if the error is because of HVAC?

Yes Mingbo, your idea is right. There is the same problem without HVAC :see_no_evil:

@Oleksii I think the easiest way to debug your workflow is you start a single box zone model first for testing if everything works.

Ok. Thank you. I will try.

@Oleksii, did you figure out what was wrong with your HVAC system? I am having the exact same error and problem.

I tried what @MingboPeng suggested using the shoebox energy model and integrating a custom HVAC system. The model fails with the same error “GetSurfaceDate: Zone has no surfaces Zone=…”. Would it be possible that the translation from rooms to HBzones is not being recognized? For the HVAC system, I just used a premade one sys1_PTAC from the Ironbug templates.

This problem seems to occur only with newer models that use rooms instead of HB zones.
Thank you for your reply! :slight_smile:

shoe_box_energy_model_ironbug.gh (75.8 KB)

I have the following grasshopper loading errors after upgrading to openstudio-3.1.0. Curiously, the rhino command line produces the following read-out when loading grasshopper “Ironbug 0.15.0.0 is loaded with OpenStudio library 3.1.0.0 from C:\openstudio-3.1.0\CSharp\openstudio.” even though I just updated ironbug to version 0.16.

Additionally, new components pulled from the Ironbug grasshopper tab give the following error message “1. Solution exception:The type initializer for ‘OpenStudio.OpenStudioModelCorePINVOKE’ threw an exception.”

@MingboPeng, @AbrahamYezioro, @BestiaParda, Any suggestions on how to resolve the grasshopper loading errors and ensure that Ironbug properly updated?

For reference, I downloaded and updated Ironbug from here: Releases · MingboPeng/Ironbug · GitHub
Open Studio was downloaded from here: Release OpenStudio v3.1.0 · NREL/OpenStudio · GitHub

Hi @MichaelEsposito,

I had this problem. I fixed it downloadning the last package for OS 3.1.0 from https://www.nuget.org/packages/OpenStudio/ .

1 Like

I wonder if you unblocked the Ironbug package …
-A.

1 Like

Yes, ironbug was unblocked before I unzipped it to my C:\ drive.

Ironbug does load properly when I change open studio back to 3.0.1, but I would like to update to OS 3.1 so it is in sync with LBT 1.2.

Ironbug hasn’t been tested with OS 3.1 yet. I am planning to do test it this weekend.

3 Likes

I encountered the same error that @MichaelEsposito had, after trying to install Ironbug for first time. I have installed OS 3.1 recently too.

Hi @MichaelEsposito @islamrihan,

Here is the version that works with OpenStudio 3.1.
Ironbug_20210329.zip (1.5 MB)

Note: please remove “C:\Ironbug” folder first before unzipping this new version.

5 Likes

Awesome thank you! the loading errors are no longer there