Is it possible to update the Butterfly engine from BlueCoreCFD2017 to 2020?

Hi
@chris @mostapha @minggangyin
new Version of Blue Core CFD supports OpenFoamV8 which has lot of Good features like pmv built in functionObject and AoA .is it possible to update the Butterfly engine from BlueCoreCFD2017 to 2020?
Best regards

I dont think butterfly will be updated for a while. This is because ladybug team does not currently have a focus on butterfly.
So in order to make butterfly compatible with blueCFD-Core 2020-1, users have to fork and update it. I am very interested in this task, although it would be difficult for me to do it all on my own. If there is a place for several people to share the update work, I would like to participate.

1 Like

thanks for your suggest and unfortunately right now I don’t have that much time but in near future I would like to contribute.
best regards

Hi @hamy BlueCFD 2020 using openfoam V8 has different file and data structure from blueCFD 2017 version. It is very hard to update butterfly for new features. If you want to do PMV and AoA, you can use butterfly to generate basic model, then modify some file for openfoam V8. If you are familar with python, you can speed up this workflow.