"Ladybug_Ladybug" component update problem - 'LightException' object has no attribute 'components'

Hi Mostapha,

After I updated the Ladybug and Honeybee to the newest version, the “Ladybug_Ladybug” component turned red with the following information in the image.

Is there anything wrong with my Ladybug and how can I get rid of this?

Thank you in advance

Hi Ding,

This is an issue with GHPython itself. In similar cases updating Rhino solves the problem.

You can also just comment that line. It will be only used for skyColor component.

To comment the line open the component and a # in front of line 53.

Mostapha

Hi Ding,

Given that I am not able to replicate the error on my machine and that the error is happening on a line of code where libraries are being imported from grasshopper, I would guess that you are getting that error either because your GHPython or your grasshopper version is not up-to-date. Try updating these and let me know if this fixes it.

Also, Mostapha. I have changed LB_LB such that users will get a warning to update LB_LB now instead of having the component go red as in Ding’s image. The update can be found here:

https://github.com/mostaphaRoudsari/ladybug/commit/ad64d70c427bcc15…

-Chris

Hi Ding,

I agree with Mostapha’s and Chris’ opinions. I’ve seen this error with older GhPython releases that do not have the ‘components’ library (the one that allows to use Grasshopper components natively in Python).

I hope this helps,

Giulio

Giulio Piacentino
for Robert McNeel & Associates
giulio@mcneel.com