LBT ModelToOSM - additional strings failing

Hi,
Trying to add to the add_str_ input of the ModelToOSM component i’m having an issue when this input is a list.
When i hook only one item it seems to work, but when i hook more than 1 the following error appears:

Program Version,EnergyPlus, Version 9.4.0-998c4b761e, YMD=2021.03.08 11:08,
** Severe ** Line: 2514 Index: 85 - “/nOutput:Variable” is not a valid Object Type.
** Fatal ** Errors occurred on processing input file. Preceding condition(s) cause termination.
…Summary of Errors that led to program termination:
… Reference severe error count=1
… Last severe error=Line: 2514 Index: 85 - “/nOutput:Variable” is not a valid Object Type.
************* Warning: Node connection errors not checked - most system input has not been read (see previous warning).
************* Fatal error – final processing. Program exited before simulations began. See previous error messages.
************* EnergyPlus Warmup Error Summary. During Warmup: 0 Warning; 0 Severe Errors.
************* EnergyPlus Sizing Error Summary. During Sizing: 0 Warning; 0 Severe Errors.
************* EnergyPlus Terminated–Fatal Error Detected. 0 Warning; 1 Severe Errors; Elapsed Time=00hr 00min 0.28sec

Runtime error (PythonException): ** Fatal ** Errors occurred on processing input file. Preceding condition(s) cause termination.

Traceback:
line 244, in script

For this issue i’m using the “shoe_box>energy_model”, just changing the HVAC to IdealLoads.
See attached file for that.

In addition to that, when i connect just one string i expected to get the results through the CustomResult component. But nothing reported there. It can be related to the specific string that i’m asking (Zone Ideal Loads Zone Sensible Cooling Energy) which is then reported on the RoomEnergyResult component. Not sure this is what it is supposed to be, but maybe it is.

Thanks,
-A
shoe_box_energy_model_AY_AddStringsIssue.gh (164.1 KB)

Hi @AbrahamYezioro ,

Did you find a solution for this?

I just faced the same issue and could only find a temporary workaround.

I found that in line 224 of the HB Model to OSM that /n is getting added to the additional strings. I just replaced the orginal line:
add_str = '/n'.join(add_str_)

for:
add_str = ' '.join(add_str_)

It works, but I´m not sure it is the best way forward.
Rafael

Hi @RafaelA,
The truth is that i didn’t so far. I left the issue on the side and just now i’m looking back at it.
With your solution i get the series of strings to be included in the IDF. Unfortunately the CustomResult component is not showing any output (though i see them in DView application).
Did you succeed getting results her?

Thanks,
-A.

I’m sorry that this one fell through the cracks and it took me so long to see it. This was a pretty stupid typo bug on my part and I just merged a fix:

Thanks for catching it and reporting it.

For anyone else experiencing this issue who does not want to upgrade to the latest development version of the plugin, you can just use the native Grasshopper “Text Join” component to join your multi-line IDF string into one (with a line break as the fragment separator).

1 Like

Thanks @chris!!
Forgot about this too … :slight_smile:
-A.