Long strip windows surrounding the building in the honeybee model

Hello everyone, I have a question about Honeybee modeling that I would like to ask for your help. I want to perform daylight simulation for an entire building, using long strip windows surrounding the building’s outer perimeter, as shown in Figure 1. However, I encountered the error shown in Figure 2, and I’m not sure what caused it. I’m wondering how I can achieve the long strip windows all around the building. Does anyone have a solution? Thank you!

Hi @ZhuangZulin,

Looks like the images didn’t upload but I’m guessing the window surfaces touch the edge of the wall they’re hosted on which isn’t allowed in HB. As long as you offset them from the edge by a small amount (eg 10mm) then it should work.

Cheers,
Charlie

2 Likes

Hi Charlie,
Thank you for your proposed method.
The situation is just as you said. Here are screenshots of my model and errors. Since I have to simulate the lighting performance of at least 1000 groups of linear layout teaching buildings forms, it will be difficult to unify the rules of each side of so many shapes if the conventional window opening Settings are followed when building Windows.
Maybe I need to think about how to parameterize the modeling so that the Windows on each side of the building are offset by a small amount.

Thanks for help,
Zhuang

1 Like