Multiple instances of clusters creating HB objects... objects disappear?

Hello,
I have 2 clusters that are used several time like that:

The first one returns a HB zone created with Mass2Zones and the second one adds some windows with “Glazing based on ratio”. Apparently, a zone that is created in the first cluster is overwritten by the next cluster instance, so that in the end it only works for the last zone, and for all the other “Glazing based on ratio” fails with “Runtime error (KeyNotFoundException).”

Is that the expected behavior of cluster? Is there a way to achieve what I’m trying to do? I tried to bake the results of “Mass2Zones”, also to transfer the object between the two contexts using sc.sticky (after having converted the Guid to Brep with rs.coercegeometry method, but this won’t work :-/

Thanks,
Adrien

This question should be probably addressed at the GH discourse, since it is a general issue (cluster).
That being said, take into account that if you copy/paste a cluster any change you do in one of them is mirrored to the other(s). If you want each to do something different you need to detach the link.

-A.

Thank you. I will post then on GH forum. I you allow me, I would still like to give it another try here with more details, because the error is triggered from HB trying to fetch its zone data and I wonder if this really concerns GH more then HB:

I am aware that a cluster change, when not detached, modifies all the other instances, and this is something that I appreciate a lot, especially here when I want to batch process my zones with the same workflow but different parameters (the window to wall ratios for instance…). Anyway, I detached (it’s called “disentangle” in the UI, right?) all the clusters but it won’t work.

Actually, I get some things out of the clusters but apparently it’s only the geometry without the HB data. Here on this screenshot, you see that I selected my breps/zones and it’s visible in Rhino, but when I feed “Solve Adjacencies” with it, the HB data is not found.

PS: can you please confirm that my issue is not due to the fact that I use here a breps to collect my zones and thus transfer to “Solve Adjacencies” some raw geometries? I tried to connect _HBZones input of “Solve Adjacencies” directly with the output HB zones of the clusters and it’s the same. Also, as the HB zone is found for only the last cluster that is being executed, I guess that HB knows how to retrieve its data from a brep.

It will be more helpful if you share a VERY simplified version of the issue.
-A.

Allright, here a rhino + GH models that reproduces the issue. One of the two cluster output can be connected to the “Solve Adjacencies” and works, the other will trigger the error.

Thanks you for your support!

PS: I found a workaround: if I dump cluster_with_hb.3dm (30.8 KB) cluster_with_hb.gh (466.3 KB) the zone to a file from within the cluster and load it outside, it works… but maybe there’s a better way?

Hello,

I dare to bring this up, I think that this could be an interesting investigation topic :slight_smile: The two files above allow to reproduce the issue.

Adrien