‘NoneType’ object has no attribute 'ClosestPoint'

Hello,

I am using the energy modeling template from Hydra for one of my project and I have some issue with open studio. The error is "1. Solution exception:‘NoneType’ object has no attribute 'ClosestPoint’ " , I don’t know what does it mean. Did anyone know how to fix it ?

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

P.S : You can find my grasshopper definition and my rhino file with the following link : https://we.tl/h4gpt9u4D5

You should supply HBZones as closed Breps to the _HBZones input.

Thanks @devang .

I don’t have the error anymore but then when I run the simulation with energy plus, I don’t have the eio and csv files (only those on the screenshot).
files_name

You have a lot of errors (severe). From your image there are 84 of them. Check what is happening and if needed ask again.
-A.

Thank you @AbrahamYezioro I finally solved the 84 severe errors.

I was wondering if I set up an occupancy schedule do I need to use a heating and cooling schedule ? And what is the unit for each of them ? Because I am not sure about the heating’s unit, is it temperature or watt ?

Thank you in advance (:slight_smile:

@alize,
You don’t have to … but you probably want to.
There are defaults for those schedules that you can also set when you choose your building (zones) program. But if you don’t then you don’t know what they are.
Heating/Cooling schedules are set as temperatures.
-A.

Thank you for your explanation .

I set up the schedule for the heating system but when I tried to set the temperature threshold to 19C I have this error with honeybee ** ** Severe ** ProcessScheduleInput: Schedule=“HEATING_2” has values outside its Schedule Type (SCHEDULE TYPE LIMITS 2) range
** ~~~ ** Minimum should be >=0.000 ![schedule_EP|690x476]and Maximum should be <=1.000

** Fatal ** ProcessScheduleInput: Preceding Errors cause termination.**

Then I tried like this (on the screenshot) and I have the following issue (2nd screen)

(upload://n287KsD9hWim3yXuvD0jCzyUXSR.PNG)

Can you upload a simple file to check?
-A.

Sorry, my second screenshot didn’t upload on my last post.

Here is my grasshoper file and the energy plus error.

thanks in advance :slight_smile:

T4_level1.gh (634.7 KB)

The geometry was not internalized …
-A.

I internalized it and I still have this error…

Funny … :slight_smile:
The internalize is for us to get the geometry. Of course it won’t make the file to work.
From your previous file we don’t get the geometry from Rhino.
Upload the new file.

In any case my suspect is that the HVAC system you choose is the one making the trouble. Maybe start with the default IdealSystem?
-A.

Thanks for your quick reply

I upload my geometry by using the following link : https://we.tl/qtb3XJvFCL

I will try with IdealSystem

OK,
The problem was with the definitions of the schedules.
First of all you gave the same name for all of them. Second the Cooling was set in the order of values of 0 and 1.
See attached for a working version. You’ll see what i added. You just need to make some order with that.
-A.
T4_level1_AY.gh (659.2 KB)

1 Like

Thank you so much @AbrahamYezioro !!!

Hello,

Thanks to you, I find a way to run this simulation correctly.

But I was wondering for a fully glazed building how can I draw the windows with Rhino ? Because when the windows is in contact with the floor, HB categorized them as doors and this is on the reason my previous energy simulation didn’t work.

Then, do you know if there is a way to directly run the IDF file created by open studio with HB ? Because usually I have to look for the working direction folder, then look for the IDF file and when the csv and eio files are finally created go back on HB and read the results… It’s a bit tough

Alize

But I was wondering for a fully glazed building how can I draw the windows with Rhino ? Because when the windows is in contact with the floor, HB categorized them as doors and this is on the reason my previous energy simulation didn’t work.

I don’t believe this is the reason why it didn’t work. The real reason is that E+ doesn’t allow the windows to touch the wall surface borders. You need to move them a bit sideways to avoid this error. Since the wall is hosting the window (Parent and child surfaces) it can’t be the same size of the host. If you are modeling in rhino you need to take care of this. I recommend using the HB_glazingCreator component if possible.

Then, do you know if there is a way to directly run the IDF file created by open studio with HB ?

In HB you have the importIdf component, but it may not import all the features and definitions of the IDF. Also you have the Re-Run IDFcomponent which will run the IDF as is.
-A.

Hello,

Thank you for your very detailed reply.

My GH file was running perfectly fine but now the MassZonescomponent doesn’t work anymore. Do you have any idea ? Maybe it’s due to my version of Honeybee ?