Problem with Energy simulation results

Hi all,
I’m trying to run an integrated daylight and energy simulation for a small office room with south oriented window in Amsterdam climate. I have following questions:
1- By running the annual energy simulation I’ve realized that the amount of ” peoplegains” for 2 persons in the room is very high (20 kWh/m2) and the amount of heating use intensity is low (4.71 kWh/m2). These results seem a bit strange for me. I’m wondering if I did something wrong with my script.
2- I also want to use the internal shade for the window to control glare. So, I’ve used the “window shade generator” and I’ve defined two values for “shadesetpoint”. For vector value I’ve considered person who is setting parallel to the window. I would like to know if I am doing it right.
I’ve attached the file and the picture of the results.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

planar facade-with horizontal PV panel at the (1.1 MB)


I didn’t have a look at your files, but your results don’t suprise me. If you have a standard occupancy of 0.1 pers per m², with 100 W gain per person, that gives 0.1(pers/m²)*100(W/pers)*8(hours per day)*5(days per week)*50(weeks per year) = 20000 Wh so 20 kWh/m²

And 4.71 kWh/m² is possible for a south oriented room if it is well isolated



1 Like

Using something like energy balance chart can tell you a better version of the story. You should also check the infiltration rates. If infiltration is low and the room is well insulated with a South facing window then you will end up with a room that radiation can get it but then the generated heat cannot leave.