Problem with Honeybee simulation


#1

I use 'Glazing Parameters List ’ to create the windows, and then simulate the energy plus ,but there are something wrong that noted:

1.** Severe ** checkSubSurfAzTiltNorm: Outward facing angle of subsurface differs more than 90.0 degrees from base surface.
2.** Fatal ** GetSurfaceData: Errors discovered, program terminates.



How can I deal with it ?


#2

Hi,
it is quite difficult to see anything from your screenshots, can you upload your GH file?

Also, how did you set up the geometry? Parametrically? What version of Rhino are you using?

Best,
Jonas


#3

@jer1015 i also encounter the same problem


#4

@jer1015 @Asisnath
I just checked the file and I get the same error as you are getting. Appereantly, it is this very zone that is problematic:
grafik
In this zone there are two surfaces, which are causing errors and stop the simulation from running.


I think @chris you have to intervene here, since something seems bugged that worked with previous versions. As I suspected, that the two odd shaped surfaces (Triangle and L-shape) are problematic, so I baked the geometry into Rhino, split the faces of the gable site of the house and the L-shaped site, joined the geometry and referenced it back into the simulation (also split a few other surfaces since they were causing errors because of being non-planar). This way the simulation runs, but it still creates the error ´1. The simulation has not run correctly because of this severe error: ** Severe ** Problem in interior solar distribution calculation (CHKBKS)`. I changed the solar distribution and now it runs without creating errors.
Here´s the fixed file: TEST2.gh (685.6 KB)


#5

@Jonas this worked for me


#6

@Jonas and All,

Thank you for dealing with this as best you could and alerting me to the bug. This issue was actually the result of a previous bug that we had fixed. This previous bug was not one that would cause a termination of E+ but rather was a bug that could cause the computation of an incorrect amount of solar through certain window surfaces. It seems that I only fixed half of it when I took care of it, however, since we still had a case where E+ would terminate.

I just pushed a fix to the github for this case and all should be correct now:

Here is a fixed version of the GH file:
TEST.gh (599.4 KB)

I think this might be a bug for which we would want to update the version on Food4Rhino since I imagine that several people might experience it and I would rather nip the issue in the bud now. I will post back soon.


#7

The version of the components on Food4Rhino has now been updated with this change:


#8

Thank you @chris for the rectification. If you can change the example file given in your YouTube tutorial than it will be very helpful to lot of new users.