Problem with SplitFloor2ThermalZones

Hi Everyone,

First of all, thanks to the developers and creators of these tools that are extremely useful.
I’ve been having some problems with the SplitFloor2ThermalZones component when inputting different geometries. When I import the geometry from Rhino, it goes perfectly

!

But when I generate the same geometry with Grasshopper commands it seems to be a problem

GH%20generated%20Geometry|605x500

Am I doing anything wrong?
I cannot attach the Gh file because it says I’m a new user but I post here a downloable link

thanks very much in advance,

Pablo

Hi @Pablogomez,
It happens when the center of the rectangle located on 0,0 coordinate. For now, you can move that a little before splitFloor2ThermalZones to avoid this problem.
@SaeranVasanthakumar may have a better suggestion.
best.

Thanks for identifying the problem @OmidmRashidi. @Pablogomez I would do as Omid is suggesting for now. This looks like a bug related to a previous bug fix. I’ll take a look at it sometime this week and see if I can fix it.

1 Like

It seems that this was the problem, so thank you very much both of you @OmidmRashidi @SaeranVasanthakumar !
best

Hey @Pablogomez

Sorry it took so long for me to look at this. I just downloaded your file and tested it out, and everything seems to be working:

Assuming nothing was changed in the script somehow, I wonder if this is another error was caused by an older Rhino 6 release, that is subsequently resolved with the latest release.

Let me know if you still have the problem even with the latest Rhino, or if I’m not understanding your problem correctly.

S