Problems in using LBT and HB Legacy to simulate microclimate with terrain

Hi, everyone

I try to use LBT’s support for pixel counting to calculate microclimate maps with outdoor “non convex” terrain. I plan to combine LBT with HB legacy. As far as I know, zone and room can’t be converted randomly, so I used the same geometry to build zone and room respectively. Then I faced two problems:

1. I want to convert “face outdoor temp” calculated by LBT into “SRF outdoor temp” that can be imported into “outdoor comfort recipe”. I notice that “SRF outdoor temp” has many headers. How can I get the correct header?

2. The accuracy requirement of HBzone input in “indoor view factor” seems to be very high. If I input the zone calculated by HB legacy, can I get the correct result to input “outdoor comfort recipe”?

Actually, I’m not sure there’s any other way to do it. If anyone can tell me how to solve these problems or other ways to implement this simulation.,I will be grateful!

@huloujun ,

The best solution that I would offer is to wait for the next release of the LBT plugin, which should include Microclimate maps.

But, if you really need it now and the only major reason you are using the LBT plugin is for the PixelCounting option, then it would be a more elegant hack to just open the IDF that the legacy components generate in the IDF Editor. There you can manually change the ShadowCalculation object to use PixelCounting, save the IDF, and then use the Legacy “Rerun IDF” component to run the simulation from Grasshopper and load in the results with legacy components as you normally would.

This isn’t to say that there aren’t ways of hacking it like you are trying to do right now. But they are, in all likelihood, going to involve more effort on your part than just manually editing that one line of the IDF.

@chris
Because I was too busy some time ago, I forgot to reply to you. This method let me solve the problem smoothly, thank you for your help!!!