Results from "Ladybug_Surface Hourly Solar"

Hi,

I have a quick question about the Ladybug “Ladybug_Surface Hourly Solar” component that I don’t quite understand - hoping someone can help me with?

I’ve attached a small example file showing the issue here as well.

If I take a simple set of windows and analyze using the Surface Solar component, I seem to get very different results depending on which of the outputs I use? For instance, totMonthlyPerHour results seems to show radiation value results for the four windows in this scene as:

while the ‘totaledMonthly’ output seems to result in:

I would have expected those outputs to yield the same results as total values, no? Or am I misunderstanding the meaning of those outputs? Should they be giving different total values like that?

In addition, if I instead use the Ladybug RadiationAnalysis component to do the window-by-window analysis I get different results as well:

overall, the variation in results for the four windows in the scene here, using the various outputs in the components shown above seem to look like:

I would except some variation between the different tools of course, but +/- 50% seems high? Again, unless I’ve done something wrong here or I’m misunderstanding the outputs?

any thoughts are much appreciated!

thanks, @edpmay

RadiationVariations.gh (554.3 KB)