Running multiple simulations

Hi !

I’m trying to implement a python script to run a series of Honeybee daylight simulations, each time altering the input for the simulation.

The problem can be simplied as: I would like to be able to create a python script with the same functionality as an animated number slider. To be more specific -

I was here looking for the recorded output in the panel to say: True \n False \n True

I could just use an animated number slider, but since the workflow also will be used of fellow students not so familiar with Grasshopper, I would like to make it so that they only have to doubleclick a boolean toggle if possible.

Any tips are highly appreciated :slight_smile:

Best Toby

Hi Toby,

If I understand your question, you already have the different parameters and you just want to do an automatic run where every simulation has different inputs?

If so, why don’t you create lists of all the changing parameters and filter them out per run. This way you can have an automated slider with “fly” and go through the index number of all lists, keeping non-changing parameters fixed.

You might want to have the folder/file names in lists as well to make sure you save all simulations.

I hope this helps your question.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply Byron

I’m struggeling to see how you would implement the filtering out, in the list of changing parameters as you suggest, can you please elaborate ?

To specify my first post more, this is the functionality I’m looking for:

Where the recorded output in first list should be:

Second list:

Third list:
True
False
True

Hi Toby,

what I am suggesting is the following:

this way you define all your parameters, keep the simulation toggle on and just “fly” the slider that goes through the options.

I hope this helps.

Hi @tobiaspedersentsp

If I understood your question correctly , if you want to have all your variables in a panel instead of recording in several panels as it might take longer time for each generation , you can use evaluation component and use this formula:

Format(“GlzRatio,{0},WinTrns,{1},RunSimulation,{2},”,a,b,c)

In which a, b and c should be the inputs … in this way you have all the variables in one line in panel…