Runtime Error in HoneyBee Annual Daylight Annalysis - unicode

Hey there. I’m trying to run a Annual Daylight Annalysis, but that’s the report i’m gettig.

How can i fix it?

Runtime error (DecoderFallbackException): It’s not possible to convert bytes [F3] in indice 2 of the page’s code specified to Unicode.

Traceback:
line 47, in py_encode_basestring_ascii, “C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\IronPython\Lib\json\encoder.py”
line 390, in iterencode_dict, “C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\IronPython\Lib\json\encoder.py”
line 434, in iterencode, “C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\IronPython\Lib\json\encoder.py”
line 189, in dump, "C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\IronPython\Lib\json
init
.py"
line 214, in write_inputs_json, “C:\Users\sabri\ladybug_tools\python\Lib\site-packages\lbt_recipes\recipe.py”
line 279, in run, “C:\Users\sabri\ladybug_tools\python\Lib\site-packages\lbt_recipes\recipe.py”
line 126, in script

I think this is because you named an object in your model with a non-ASCII character. We have full support for this type of naming when working in Python 3 but, when using IronPython 2 as we must do in Grasshopper, you will get this error when exporting your model for simulation.

If anyone sees this post too : I had the same problem whilst trying to run a Radiance simulation, and the guilty character was actually in a name of a EP construction which I didn’t think would influence the code for radiance simulations but apparently it does. (And the EP simulation on the same model ran without issue)

So check for characters in the entire model including EP related names !

Hi @VincentLugherini and @sabrinagdo ,

Sorry that I didn’t realize this sooner but I managed to implement a fix for this case, which I just pushed to the development version of the plugin:

So you should no longer experience this issue at all in the latest development version and in the (eventual) LBT 1.5 release.

If you don’t want to update to the latest development version of the plugin but you need a quick fix, another workaround is to write your Model to a file using the HB Dump Objects component. Then, you can plug the path to the resulting HBJSON file into the recipe and everything should work.