sDA Visualization in HB+?

Hi Everyone,

I’m using HB+ for an annual daylight simulation, looking into sDA and ASE.

1. Was wondering if it is possible to visualise sDA results per test point on the grid and not as a single total value?
  2. Is it possible to extract the average daylight Lux results for each test-point?

P.S. I’m using HB+ because I’m testing a BSDF glazing :slight_smile:

Thanks!

1 Like

@mostapha @chris
would you please put me in the direction for the above questions?
thanks

No. sDA is a single value for your whole space. Also see @Mathiassn’s comment on the forum about how sDA calculation in Honeybee[+] currently is not exactly what LEED 4 asks for.

Yes. There are several components for post-processing for this purpose.

Thanks Mostapaha.

@Mathiassn, I’ve read through few threads of yours about the difference between sDA and DA and if I understand correctly, HB+ would give the sDA results as if we are accounting only for DA if we don’t include a blind schedule.

My question is, would that still be the case if I’m using a prismatic glazing (BSDF file) that is UV free and glare free; meaning that there is no direct sunlight coming through?

Would appreciate your response
thanks!

@mostapha
Is it possible to get something like that for visualisation?

Hi @Farah.H
I would say that is a question directed to LEED (and please post their answer here)
However according to LM83, blinds should be on whenever >=2% of simulation points receive >1000 lux (with 0 bounces). With that said, I’m quite sure that if you can document that the diffused direct light is not above 1000 lux, I guess it’s fine.

If you are running multi phase with bsdfs (I think that only works with 3-phase so far, @mostapha ?) Then you should be able to pick with state the window should take per hour.

I haven’t worked much with the LEED criteria for around a year, so my knowledge on this may be outdated.

/Mathias Sønderskov