The problems of run the energy simulation components in HB

Hello all, when I use the run energy simulation components in HB, it always crashes and shows:

1. The simulation has not run correctly because of this severe error:
    ** Severe ** checkSubSurfAzTiltNorm: Outward facing angle of subsurface differs more than 90.0 degrees from base surface.
  2. The simulation has failed because of this fatal error:
    ** Fatal ** GetSurfaceData: Errors discovered, program terminates.
    I have tried different visions of Energyplus and use the simplest geometry (a cube) to test, but the results didn’t change
    Error file1.gh (501.7 KB)

Hello @hc2011301539,

I am not an expert in HB, but for what I see on your file, you need to add another component after creating your HB_zone : setEPzoneLoads and then create a schedule for your zone.

After that you have to link this two component to your runEnergySimulation :

• EnergySimPar
  • EPOutput

I hope it helps :slight_smile:

A-

I’m suspecting you have a units problem. Are you sure the model is set in meters (in Rhino)?
Since you didn’t internalized your geometry cube i define mine with your file and it is working just fine.
-A.

Thanks for your reply, sorry, I forgot to internalized my geometry, but I am sure the model is set in meters. I internalized the geometry in this gh file.
Error file1.gh (503.1 KB)

Thanks for your reply, but could you please upload a screenshot of the GH file, cause I just beginning to learn HB and I am not familiar with these two components you mentioned, thank you for that.

Your file work just fine for me …

-A.

That’s weird, I wonder whether it is because I forgot to install some necessary plugins. I just follow the instructions of Honeybee-Honeybee components and installed Daysim, Energy plus, Openstudio, Radiance, and Therm. Did I miss any plugins?

Thanks again for your reply

Sorry for the late reply.

Here is the screenshot of the GH file

Thank you very much :hugs: