Unable to run Annual Daylight Metrics due to Annual Daylight not producing .ill file

Hello,

I’ve been having some problems with the annual daylight and annual daylight metrics components and it has been driving me mad.

Annual daylight metrics produces the error:
“1. Solution exception:Could not find file ‘C:\Users***\simulation\Rad_Sim3\annual_daylight\results\SensorGrid_04c13669.ill’.”

I’ve checked the supposed output filepath from the annual daylight results for the .ill and haven’t been able to manually find it anywhere. I suppose that, for some reason, it isn’t creating the file.

I’ve tried reinstalling the whole Ladybug suite and I’ve had no luck. I’ve had friends run my script and they have had no problems, and so there is something wrong on my end.

Has anyone encountered this problem before?

1 Like

Hi zcft,

I am having the same issue. The Annual daylight simulation is not creating the .ill file anywhere in the results folder.
Did you manage to solve it?

Can you try to update your core libraries with LB Versioner, close Rhino/Grasshopper, and then update the components on the canvas with LB Sync Grasshopper File or replace them manually?

If that is not working, are you able to share the results folder?

2 Likes

I tried a couple of times and I had to reinstall Ladybug, but it finally worked.

Many thanks!