Understanding default materials and inputs in Honeybee simulations

Hi everyone!

I’ve just started using Grasshopper recently and I’m starting to run energy simulations with Honeybee. I’ve started with a prism so it’s a very basic shape. I do have a couple of questions though, is it possible to know what are the default materials (and their characteristics) that Honeybee considers for it’s surfaces (being wall, roof and floor for instance)?

Also, while choosing a zone programme to input, what are the inputs he considers within that programme? For example a standart comfort temperature? Can I access that information as well?

Lastly, is it possible to run a simulation to understand the free-floating internal temperature of my building/prism, without it considering cooling or heating automatically? So it would be just to see the impacts the chosen materials would have on the internal temperature.

Thank you all very much for your attention!

Best wishes,
Lea

Yes. You can have air temperature and operative temperature inside the zones. Look for Microclimate map on the hydrashare website for an example.

Yes. You can use Label zone surfaces and surface attribute dropdown to view constructions being applied to the surfaces.

Yes. Similarly, use Label zones and zone attribute dropdown for this.

Thank you very much for your help :slight_smile: