URBANopt_Dragonfly_Tutorial

Hello,

I hope you are safe and sound during the evolving global pandemic.
First of all, I would like to thank you for this amazing and versatile toolbox.

I realized that dragonfly is linked with URBANopt, but there is no tutorial or user guide. Would you please tell me how can I access a user guide to use the URBANopt plugin?

Thank you in advance.

1 Like

@shayan ,

Video tutorials are in the works. For now, the best I can point you towards is the Dragonfly sample files that were included with the installer that you download from Food4Rhino. In particular, the from_building_solids.gh shows how to execute the simulation using the URBANopt SDK. Make sure you have followed the last optional step of the Ladybug Tools installation instructions, which involves installing URBANopt.

1 Like

Thank you Chris,

I looked at them and they are helpful.

For a deep understanding of plugins, their functionalities, and also understanding the concept behind each change in the simulator, videos can be more informative and helpful. I look forward to hearing from you about the videos.

Thank you in advance

Hi!
how can I get access to “from_building_solids.gh” file that you mentioned?

thanks,
Azin

1 Like

Hi Azin,

When I open Grasshopper, it shows some examples, one of which is from_building_solids.gh

1 Like

Hi Chris,

Do you have the download link of URBANOPT webinar on 3rd December?

Bests,
Shayan

You can get it from the file you download from food4rhino. Is inside the samples folder.
-A.

1 Like

Yes, @shayan .
Here is the link to the IBPSA webinar recording on URBANopt/Dragonfly that we did on the 3rd:

3 Likes

Hi Chris,
Do you have in close plans to release some Dragonfly/Urbanopt tutorials? :slight_smile: