Validation of HB/LB with experimental data

Hi

I am working on validating a worfkflow developed with Honeybee/ladybug with experimental data I have collected and I am trying to find previous studies from people who have done something similar (to reference and read). I was wondering if anyone has carried out this type of work and if so, if they could send me the link to the publication :slight_smile:

Thanks

Ellika

Do you intend to validate workflows? or Do you intend to create a calibrated model? I believe it is the latter?

Hi

Sorry if I was unclear. I have made a model of a test facility for which I have different measurements of daylighting levels and air temperatures I collected last summer over 2 months (and with weather data). I am calibrating the model on a couple days only considering a handful of parameters but then validating that model on a longer period of time (both in terms of the thermal model and the daylighting). So I am looking for other people who have done something similar, so I can check out their work and take a look at the results they obtained.

Hope this is clearer!

Ellika

Yes. This is calibrated modelling. IBPSA proceedings and MIT Sustainability Lab will be good places to start for publications.

Try also google scholar. Should be plenty of material there.
-A.

Hi

Thanks for the tips, I am familiar with both IBPSA and google scholar (and others) !:sweat_smile: but itโ€™s not that obvious to find model calibration publications (or model validations) which specifically use honeybee and ladybug. I know there are hundreds of papers for E+ or Radiance individually, I was just asking here in case someone had specifically used ladybug/honeybee and wanted to share the link to their publication (or knew of one that is good/interesting).

Thank you anyhow :slight_smile:

Ellika

This study, if it was published, might be relevant: Maximum allowable error (avg illuminance)

Since Ladybug/Honeybee are only interfaces that prepare geometry and information for the simulation engines to work, the tools to have little bearing on the calibration process.