Weird Results from DF in vers. 1.0.0

Hi,

I just installed Ladybug vers.1.0.0 and updated Radiance as well. When I try to run the Daylight factor sample, I get this weird results.
There is no problems mentioned in the report.

Any ideas on how to fix it?

Best regard
Mikkel Steenberg

HI Mikkel,
It would help if you share a simplified version of your file with geometries internalized.

Hi Devang,

It’s the sample file from when you download ladybug from food4Rhino.

Thank you! Can you please check the unit in rhino by typing “units” in the command line. If the unit of your file is in inches, please set it to meters.

Thanks! Now it works.
It was in mm, and when I changed the units to meters and ran the script again, it was still the same mistake.
But when I closed the script and opened it again, while Rhino was in meters it worked.

You can recompute in grasshopper so you won’t have to restart rhino.

That’s what I did the first time, but it didn’t work.

You have to recompute the canvas twice with the new LBT plugin. Restarting Rhino is a perfectly fine solution as well.

1 Like

Dear all,
I face a similar “aleatory-looking” results for Daylight Autonomy studies (everything is working well for DF), although reasonably precise radiance parameters (-ab 4 -aa 0.2 -ar 64 -ad 2048 -as 2048) and the right units / tolerance. This wasn’t the case with the legacy version simulation (which was also much longer).

Ladybug 1.0.0 :

with the grasshopper file : AL3_PieceGenerique_1.0.gh (167.9 KB)

Ladybug Legacy with the same model and Radiance Parameters
Ladybug 0.67 :

Do you know the reason?

@Romain ,

Your Radiance parameters don’t look like they are the same between your two simulations. I would show you how to improve the radiance parameters in your sample file but it has too much extraneous stuff in it, including dependencies on 7 other plugins.

Sorry for that @chris, here is the simplified grasshopper file with only ladybug 1.0.0 and grasshopper native components.
AL3_PieceGenerique_1.0.gh (90.7 KB)
kind regards,
Romain

I’ll admit that I don’t know which of your radiance parameters was not good but here’s a much better set of parameters that I took from the HoneybeePlus_Radiance Parameters Grid-Based component:

AL3_PieceGenerique_1.0_CWM.gh (91.0 KB)

Thanks @chris,
it seems that setting explicitly the radiance parameter -lw has a major impact on the uniformity of the DA results.
The -lw default value might be relatively high.
Could make sense to reintroduce the “quality” input of the legacy RADParameters component, which was very convenient.
Thanks again for your great achievement and support!

@Romain ,
We will definitely add a “Radiance Parameters” component into LBT honeybee soon. I just have to figure out the best way to expose it.