Error in the DS Glare Control, needs a sensor but there is no way to put it

Hello again,

I am testing different options of blind control to adapt them better to the real occupant usage.
I have included in the advanced Dynamic SHD Recipe a shading state and a DS Glare control.

The simulation is failing because it needs an exterior sensor.

The thing is, I only see the option of putting it after the simulation has run, not before. So, am I blind and I am not finding where to put it or what is wrong?

Let me know if you need my GH file, because it is really messy and I will have to clean it.

Thanks,
Julia

Yes please! :slight_smile: I haven’t used this workflow for a very long time. A sample file can be really helpful.

Here it is

180419_blinds test_forum.gh (702.7 KB)

I think there may be an input missing on the DSGlareControl component,
a list of points would be handy as input there. Let’s wait on Mostapha’s answer though.

Yes, I think the same. I’ve been trying to find a way to include them in a different way but no luck at all. @mostapha?

Hi @mostapha, sorry for insisting, but, any idea about this?

1 Like

Hi @JuliaT,

Thank you for the reminder and sorry for the delay. I meant to check your file but didn’t get the chance to do so. I will have an hour on the train today which should be a good time to check your file!

@JuliaT, I checked the file and the ExtriorSensor was left over from older versions which should have been removed from the code.

Also some of the inputs for the DSParameters were missing.

Finally your file was a mix of two different versions of Honeybee. They are all fixed in this file.
180503_blinds test_forum.gh (608.5 KB)

I’m also not sure why are you calculating the final results the hard way by reading the files from the folder.

Sorry that it took me so long to check your file! :expressionless:

Hi @mostapha, thanks for your help. I am reading the files from the folder because a lot of times I am reloading old results. Is there a better option for doing that?

Nope! You’re doing it right.

1 Like