Falsecolor low luminance maximum

Hi everyone,

I’m processing an image based analysis to compute the luminance distribution experienced by some drivers on a road along side a building facade.
I am regularly facing an issue about the resulting fasecolor image : the range of luminance of some images is not relevant as the maximum luminance value is 100 times lower than usual and the color distribution on the image is quite different than expected.

I’ve noticed first that this issue occured when the sun was in the selected view. But it appears that it also happens in other cases, in particular when the DGP value is significantly high (as I’m running a glare analysis in parallel).
I assume that it’s related to a contrast issue due to an intense glare. I’ve added a screen hiding the sun when needed, but I can’t figure out how to get a valuable falsecolor image in other cases.

I would appreciate if someboldy could help to get a proper result, or explain more precisely the cause. I join the resulting pictures for a valid and unvalid similar situations (all parameters are the same, one situation is simply 30min later in the daytime than the other). I also join the pictures resulting from the glare analysis for a probable correlation.

Thanks in advance
Thomas

Can you please use the legendMax_ input and provide a common value for both the images and see if it makes sense?

Yes. In views of high contrast, we do experience glare.

It would really help if you could share your GH file with geometries internalized please.

1 Like

Hi devang,
It seems that using the legendMax input solves the problem. I’ll check it for more simulations and will forward you the GH file if I still face some issues.

Thanks for your help !